Thursday 8 January 2015

Back in Korea!

I'm back in Korea for the second competition in the 2015 Ice Climbing World Cup tour. The travel to Korea always flips me upside down. They are 14 hours ahead of my home timezone. The travel time is quite long and it makes for a long day. I woke up at 3:30 AM at home and didn't reach Seoul until around 4pm local time. Then it was another few hours before we could get to bed.

Ample leg room for an 11 hour flight.

Baggage claim in Seoul.


We arrived two days before we need to be here, We have spent the time getting accustomed to the time change. We spent a little bit of time training and a lot of time trying to get caught up on sleep, which could have went better.
Everyone else seemed repulsed by whatever this was, I didn't think it was so bad.
Korean BBQ


Today we drive to Cheongsong. Tomorrow morning we will be competing.


So many bags!

I am still way short of my fundraising goals for this year. I'm excited to finally have our third batch of Team Canada hats finished. as well as the simple acrylic hats we have been getting made up, I got some hats from Rab stitched up as well. They have a built in fleece headband for extra warmth. Those and other Team Canada items are available for a donation here: https://mixedprogression.wordpress.com/rab-beanies/


No comments:

Post a Comment