Thursday 11 December 2014

Its been a busy past few weeks. After getting back from out west we made a quick trip to St. Alban, Quebec. Last year I climbed the three hardest routes on the first afternoon we were there and I thought it would be great to add another harder route to the area. After contacting a few people I had permission to equip a new line at the cliff. On the Saturday morning of our visit I bolted my new route and then climbed it later in the afternoon. I named it "First Blood" and its a little harder than the other routes at the cliff.


Rebecca climbing at St.Alban.
First Blood





     

 We have been in Bozeman for the last week. I was hoping to finish off a couple routes at the Bingo Cave, but the warm temperatures made it very difficult. The rock for almost all the routes needs to be frozen together making them unclimbable. Fortunately I was able to climb one of the routes I wanted to do. Northwest Passage is one of the more difficult routes in Hyalite Canyon and I'm excited to have been able to do it my first try.








Tomorrow (Fri 12th) the Bozeman World Cup competition starts. It will be live steamed at http://www.iceclimbingworldcup.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment